I agree (or if I am under 13 my parent or guardian agrees on my behalf) to the terms and conditions of use and that: - My test statistics may be published on the site leaderboard against my username - My teacher(s) can review my test scores - I can receive feedback on my tests from my teacher(s)
Computer Science & Programming solved. All in one platform.
1. To trial the platform and take tests, please take a few seconds to SIGN UP and SET UP FREE. 2. Searching for something specific? See our text overview of all tests. Includes 'real teacher' usevideos.
Data migration is the process of moving data from one (old) system to another (new) system. Various issues can occur depending on the file format, data structure, and other issues. Data migration is closely linked to compatibility issues, as the data may also be stored on old media (e.g. floppy disks, tapes, ZIP drives, etc).
Data migration can be as simple as putting a file on a USB flash drive and opening it on another computer. • It is can also be very complex involving big databases exchanging information across countries into different time zones.
An interesting perspective and look into time zones
Possible problems that may arise
• Incompatible file formats
• Data structure differences
• Validation rules
• Incomplete data transfers
• International conventions on dates, currencies & character sets