1. The sound waves that your mouth produces when you speak are ____________ - the waves vary in a smooth way.
2. An analogue signal is one which has a value that varies smoothly.
3. Computers (and most other modern electronic devices such as cameras, mobile phones, etc.) are ?digital? devices because they ___________ in the form of numbers (digits).
4. Everything stored and processed inside a computer is a number (digital)
5. Computers are unable to process analogues signals because they are digital devices.
6. For digital devices such as computers, to work with analogue devices, _______________ is required?
7. If you want to attach an analogue input device to a digital device such as a computer, you will need an analogue to digital convertor (ADC).
8. A good example of a computer peripheral that requires an _____ is a microphone.
9. When you plug a microphone into a computer, you are actually plugging it into an ADC which converts the analogue signals from the microphone into _________ that the computer can then process.
10. If you want to attach an analogue output device to a digital device such as a computer, you will need a digital to analogue convertor ______.
11. Fill in the blanks for the following: