1. The concept may be confusing at first but all digital circuits are created using a combination of logic _______________
2. Digital systems are said to be constructed by using logic gates. These gates are the AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, EXOR and EXNOR gates.
3. The functionality of each gate can be described using a ________________
4. The following gate is an '_______' gate.
5. The following gate is an '_______' gate.
6. The following gate is an '_______' gate.
7. The AND gate is an electrical circuit that gives an output of ____ only if all of its inputs are also _____.
8. The OR gate is an electrical circuit that gives an output of a 1 if_______________ of its inputs are a 1.
9. The NOT gate is an electrical circuit that produces an _______ version of the input as the output. (e.g. a 1 will be a 0)
10. If the input into a NOT gate is a 0 the output will also be a 0.
11. A truth table can show the operations (with inputs and outputs) of any given gates. The following shows the truth table for the ________
12. Logic gates are electronic circuits that manipulate _______ or in effect manipulate the binary 1s and 0s that are inside your computer.
13. The ENIAC is widely thought to be the first ever electronic general purpose computer. These sort of computers had hundreds of ___________________________________
14. One of the problems with valves is that they were bulky, burned out easily and weren't terribly efficient. (as compared to transistors)
15. Transistors were much much larger than valves and were therefore much more efficient and powerful.