1. Client-side means that the action takes place on the user’s (the client’s) computer. Server-side means that the action takes place on a __________
2. The browser sends a request to the web server for the code that make up the page you want to view. Since the browser is making the request in this case, it is the _________
3. Client side processing means that the web page gets the client - your computer - to do the validation and other processing itself, rather than the server.
4. Read the following list - it is detailing the _____________________________
6. Several sites keep data in "back-end" databases on the server. This might include lists of users, or stock items for a shop, for example
7. The client needs data from the database, that request will have to be processed by the server itself. This is called "client-side processing" as the client needs the data.
8. You may often come across a web address which looks something like this (see excerpt) Which statement best describes what the question mark is?
9. Another type of server-side processing is for "_______" data, which shows up in page headers
10. Which of the following is NOT a server side technology/language?
12. Server side processing/scripting is always considered less secure as the processing code is sent directly to the client.
13. For handling something like login scripts, it would be better to use _____________ for greater privacy.
14. One of the issues of server side processing is that the user has to __________________________, although a technology called Ajax reduces this need
15. Using a database means regular backups and maintenance must be done on the server compared to a simple static page site