1. In computer programming, create, read, update, and ________ (CRUD) are the four basic functions of any database or content management system
2. There can be additional specific operations in a module, but the CRUD operations are considered the __________ basic operations on any generic module
3. REST in IT terminology stands for ___________________________ - a standard for HTTP based Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
4. Representational State Transfer (REST) refers to a group of software architecture design constraints that bring about efficient, reliable, and scalable distributed systems
5. A system is called________________when it adheres to those constraints.
6. For your reference, here are the guiding principles of REST. The term REST was introduced in 2000 by Roy Fielding in a famous doctoral dissertation
7. One of the main reasons for CRUD is because the world now uses online access to databases like never before.
8. Relational databases use four primary SQL statements that can be mapped directly to CRUD. Create and Retrieve ((CRUD) relate to _______ and ______ in SQL.
9. UPDATE (U) and (D) Delete in CRUD relate to _________ and _______________ HTTP request methods.
10. HTTP uses a common standard of verbs or actions such as GET, POST, PUT and DELETE when working with _______________________-
11. Another way of defining REST is a style of systems design that prescribes the use of _______________ to interact with online databases via a web server.
12. In REST, the client computer requires no knowledge of how the server is likely to fulfil the request, how the data is stored or where it will gather the data.
13. In REST, it is the '_______________' (of client and server operations) that allows any client or server to be updated and developed independently of each other without any loss of function.
14. There are steps involved in connecting a database to a browser with HTTP request methods. Read the following excerpt and fill in the blanks for step 3.
15. AJAX and REST are often confused. Some of the features of AJAX include: