1. Internet registrars hold _______________________ and the details of those domains that are curently available to purchase.
2. Internet registrars are essentially …………………………… for domain names and allow people and companies to purchase them.
3. All registrars must be accredited by their governing registry
4. Internet registries are five global organisations governed by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
5. ICANN has worldwide databases that hold records of all the domain names currently issued to individuals and companies and their details.
6. The details held by ICANN include the registrant's name, type, (company or individual), mailing address, seller's name, and……
7. Another thing that registries do is ….
8. A domain name basically identifies the area or domain that an internet resource resides in. These are structure into a ……
9. Generic TLD's include .com, .edu, and .org. What are TLDs?
10. Each Domain name has one or more equivalent IP addresses.
11. There are an infinite (endless) amount of IP addresses available for use so there is no need for an impartial system to assign domain names.
12. Internet registries and registrars are responsible for ensuring an impartial system and method for assigning and distributing domain names (and IP addresses)
13. The IANA( Internet assigned numbers authority) decides which IP address will be used in what region.
14. An example of a UK registry can be found at www.nominet.org.uk
15. If you have just founded a company and need to purchase a domain name you would approach a DNS server keeper.