1. This is the protocol that defines how data from web pages is tranferred from the server to the client machine when the page is being viewed over a TCP/IP network.
2. This protocol is used to download and upload files between computers. Filezilla is an example of a ______ software
3. This protocol or scheme is similar to HTTP but it connects to a different standard port and there is a layer of encryption included.
4. This protocol encrypts data before it is transmitted over the network and sends it to a different port to the standard HTTP protocol.
5. This protocol allows an email application to receive emails from an email server.
6. This protocol (a newer one) is suitable for email users who have two modes of email viewing (e.g. from own computer but also from a web browser)
7. This protocol is used for the distribution of email messages. It has to do with 'sending' messages not receiving them.
8. This protocol (secure shell) is a remote-access protocol that allows secure communication between a client and a server.
9. This protocol is used in situations like e-commerce and banking where security is very important.
10. Once this protocol has done its work, the messages are downloaded from the server and they are then no longer available on the server.