1. Lossless compression is a way of reducing the size of files without removing data.
3. RLE compresses a file by recording values and the number of times they '___'
4. If the binary value for a green pixel is 00000001 how might RLE represent a row of ten green pixels?
5. How does dictionary-based compression work?
6. What is a compression dictionary?
7. Each sequence in the dictionary is given …
8. How many different strings could be represented by a 6 bit binary code?
9. The compression ratio is the ratio between the uncompressed and compressed size of a file.
10. Variable length encoding (e.g. Huffman coding) improves compression by …