1. Pausing processes is essential for multi-tasking.
2. Polling is sometimes also known as …
3. Polling means the active sampling of the status of an ______ ______ by a client program.
4. What is a disadvantage of polling?
5. An interrupt is a signal to the _____ from hardware or software indicating an event that needs immediate attention.
6. The interrupt will typically have a _____ label that tells the CPU to either stop or continue the current process.
7. The interrupt will cause the CPU to run an ISR. What does this stand for?
8. The CPU checks the interrupt _____ after each Fetch-Decode-Execute (FDE) cycle.
9. Moving from another process to an ISR is known as …
10. Too many interrupts can cause …