1. We, as humans, are interrupted all the time. If someone pokes us, we stop what we're doing. Similarly, an interrupt is…
2. Group #1 in this list provides examples of:
3. Group #2 in this list provides examples of:
4. Group #3 in this list provides examples of:
5. Group #4 in this list provides examples of:
6. When an interrupt occurs, a ___________________or, in the case of a software interrupt, a flag is set.
7. After the interrupt signal has been sent,
8. It is the job of the CPU and not of the OS to decide WHICH interrupt will be handled
9. The OS can chose to ignore interrupts and this is called 'masking'
10. Keyboard interrupts can be postponed without too much worry where as interrupts such as hardware power off …
11. When an interrupt occurs, the CPU has the role of informing the OS rather than dealing with the interrupt itself.
12. Hardware and software can trigger interrupts and these are then dealt with by calling an
13. A multitasking operating system can run more than one process.
Interrupts are used to allow the process to continue
14. When an interrupt is received, a program called an _____ will run
15. The ISR is held in _______________ to indicate the item in the stack to be executed next.
16. Some processes involve a delay, for example printing a document: the computer can send the data faster than the printer can process it. Fill in the blanks
17. …………………….are used to indicate when an interrupt has occurred
18. Interrupts use ……………... to indicate that a process is more critical so should be handled first
19. When an interrupt is processed the following needs to happen
20. It is possible for interrupts to be interrupted by interrupts.