1. What is a possible reason for the fact that most computer programs are written in low level languages?
2. Machine code and Assembly language are both considered…
3. Processors execute machine code and that each type of processor has its own __________________________
4. Assembly language is often used to develop software for _______________ and for controlling specific hardware components.
5. Understand that assembly language has a ______ correspondence with machine code
6. Machine code is used in which generation of a programming language?
7. Which language translator is needed for the 1st generation?
8. Which generation would create the fastest code to execute?
9. An advantage of low level languages is that:
10. An advantage of a high level language is that:
11. Low level languages are said to have a one to many relationship with high level languages
12. The Little Man Computer is a very simple yet powerful ….
13. Read the excerpt on LMC and fill in the blanks
14. The LMC is based on the idea of a 'Little Man' acting like the control unit of a CPU, _________________ them as well as managing the input and output mechanisms.
15. The 100 memory addresses in the computer memory are numbered 0 to 99 and can each contain a________________ instruction or data.
16. Each assembly language instruction is made up of a 3 letter mnemonic usually followed by the memory address of the data the CPU is to act on
17. One disadvantage or issue with assembly language is that the code only works on a specific CPU family. If you use a different CPU you would
18. The main advantage of assembly language is that it :
19. An example of a program that is typically written in assembly language is:
20. Device drivers need to be as ______________ as possible which is why assembly language is perfect
21. Which of the following is NOT a typical assembly language command.
22. An example of an assembly code mneumonic is LDA 50 which…
23. In this example: LOAD 0004, it can be said that 'LOAD' is the opcode and the second part 0004 is the memory address
24. In the command MOV AL 34h…the opcode is the __________ instruction and the other parts are called OPERANDS.
26. What does this LMC program do?
27. This LMC program doesn't add or subtract. What does it do?
28. The LMC can add or subtract numbers, but it can neither multiply nor divide. The multiplication can be carried out with the aid of ……..
29. Assembly language is written using:
30. Assembly language instructions like MOV or ADD are called operands