1. Some sites require you to have a password that is at least eight characters in length. This is called a 'range check' and is a type of validation.
3. What is a good example of validation?
4. One way of validating is simply by ensuring that you specify the data type for your input. In the example below ...
5. Another way of validating input is to use the "try except" block as follows:
Type this out yourself and record what happens if you enter the number '3f'
6. Another advanced method of including validation into a program is by using regular expressions. Feel free to look these up. Type in the program below yourself (or copy and paste) and find out what would happen if you entered password: open123
7. Another simple method of coding validation is to use a LIST to store the accepted inputs. Code the example below and then answer the question. If we wanted the input 'p' as well as 'P' to be accepted what would you do?
8. A good programmer will not only build in validation(to prevent invalid and silly input) but may also add validation messages which ...
9. Validation is an automatic computer check to ensure that the data entered is sensible and reasonable (i.e valid). It does not check the accuracy of data.
10. Types of validation include: Presence check (for example to see that the password field is not left blank) and Length check (to check that the input is not too short or too long)