1. All the networks in the world are wireless as radio signals are sent via satellite
2. Wired networks will often use coaxial cable. This is ?
3. CAT5e cable contains twisted pairs of copper wires
4. A type of cable that uses light to carry signals is called:
5. The following device connects devices in a LAN by transmitting frames of data between them. Data is received by this device and set to the device with the correct MAC address
6. A _____ transmits data between networks in units called packets. It can be used to connect a LAN to the internet
7. A _______ connects devices in a local area network wirelessly / using radio waves / using Wi-Fi
8. Client - Server: A group of devices connected to share data with each other in which all devices are equal /connected without a server.
9. Peer to Peer: A group of devices connected to a central computer (server) which manages the network and stores files centrally.
10. Disadvantage of peer to peer networks include:
11. An advantage of a client-server network is that user files are stored centrally so resources are used more efficiently
12. Generally speaking, a client-server network is more expensive to set up
13. The following is an advantage of cloud computing: It can reduce costs for a company as they do not need to buy additional hardware to store data
14. Local area networks are set up and created using software and virtual networks are created using physical cables and hardware.
15. The advantages of a virtual network include:
16. One obvious disadvantage of a virtual network is hugely decreased security. If one VLAN is compromised with a VIRUS, the whole network is affected.
17. Virtual networks on a bigger network are said to be _____________ so that when malware affects one VN the others aren't affected.
18. It is possible to use virtual networks to connect devices to a LAN through a WAN
19. A company like facebook may have HR offices in France, the US and India. They would require the HR offices across the world to share files and resources. This is known as a ?
20. VPN tunnelling is a type of ?
21. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) could allow external devices to connect to a private network over a public WAN (e.g the internet) without ?.
22. Once logged in to a virtual private network (VPN), the user ?
23. It is much __________to use a VPN to connect through the internet than to pay to maintain a WAN that the company sets up on their own.
24. There are two well known frequency bands available to use when setting up a WIFI network. 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz. 2.4GHz is?.
25. The waves in this radio frequency are about 5 inches long and can pass through walls, windows and others objects well and signals have a range up to about 100 metres
26. 5 GHz is less common. It has a wavelength of about 2.5 inches long and this suggests that it is?
27. With 5 GHz ________ speeds can sometimes be achieved because it is less crowded/popular frequency.
28. When setting up a wireless network, 2.4 GHz is compatible with standards for building a wireless network known as 802.11b and 802.11g.
29. Radio waves can be bounced around by many things, including walls, mirrors, water and metal surfaces. This can cause ?.
30. Each frequency _____ is divided up in to ____________.
31. The 2.4 GHz band has ____ channels.
32. All the channels available in a band are always available at any given time and in any given location.
33. The 5GHz frequency offers additional bandwidth over the 2.4GHz frequency
34. The 5GHz frequency is capable of carrying more non-overlapping channels which will result in less interference.
35. Encryption is a method of _____________data with a key code - the data must be decrypted to be made sense of.
36. With encryption is the data is intercepted it will be vulnerable as if it is found, it will make sense, even without the key
37. When you are using a secure site for example your bank, or purchasing on Amazon, encryption applied to keep your details safe:
38. The encryption method used on secure sites is called:
39. Piracy and security issues are some of the concerns relating to cloud computing
40. Twisted pair cable tranmission media is capable of having a much higher bandwidth than fibre optic.