1. The word 'Internet' is an amalgamation (connection) of two words. International and _________.
2. The internet belongs to the United States of America and China.
3. Decide whether the statement below is true or false.
4. The internet is made up of ________________ all over the world that are digitally connected to each other by cable, fibre or wireless links.
5. You can use the internet to __________________, communicate with people, download pictures and videos, listen to music or do lots of other amazing things.
6. Let?s imagine you are visiting a webpage with an image on it. How does the image get to your computer?
7. Your home or school or home computer is likely to get its internet connection from an ISP. What does ISP stand for?
8. We send "requests" to a web server all the time. The request is sent in a _______. A ________ is like a virtual parcel which has lots of important information attached to it.
9. Just like how humans have names, every computer system (including phones) have a number that is their unique name. These are called:
10. The two most important bits of information are the IP address of the web server that the image is stored on and the IP address of ________________.
11. The Internet is said to have began (had its origins) with some military computers in the Pentagon (in America). It was called the _______________ in 1969.
12. Have a look at the image below. What are these called? (Hint: You need them to browse the world wide web).
13. The internet and the WWW are the same thing.
14. America and Iran have been warring over who will own the internet, but America currently owns it.
15. The Internet is essentially ______________________________________________.