1. When a program is being executed, the CPU implements the fetch – decode – execute cycle, which recurs over and over again until arriving at the STOP instruction. Read the excerpt below - what happens in step 4?
2. The program counter .....
3. Why does point #5 have to be done?
4. Read the excerpt and fill in the blanks. (The same word fills in the blank throughout this simple description of the FDE cycle)
5. Analyse the diagram of the Fetch Decode execute cycle below. You may want to draw it out yourself. The decoding in this cycle is done by: