1. Read the excerpt below about the Von Neumann architecture and fill in the blanks.
2. This diagram shows a simplistic outline of the architecture of a CPU. What does the Arithmetic and Logic Unit do? (ALU)
3. CPU designs vary greatly but most of them all share the same key components including the clock, control unit, arithmetic logic unit, registers and buses. What does the control unit do?
4. Read the definition below. Which part of the CPU does this?
5. A bus is an integral part of the CPU. What is a bus?
6. The processor is connected to main memory by three main buses. What are their names?
7. The below diagram shows a list of registers in the CPU.What are registers?
8. The memory unit consists of RAM, sometimes referred to as primary or main memory. Unlike a hard drive (secondary memory), this memory is fast and also directly accessible by the CPU.
9. Instructions data and program data were not always stored in the same memory. The 'stored program concept' and the architecture behind most modern computers is called:
10. The object in the image below was a 4 bit ______________________ released by Intel in 1971. It was among the very first produced and had a clock speed of 740kHz.