1. Where finding an optimal solution is ___________________________, heuristic methods can be used to speed up the process of finding a satisfactory solution.
2. Heuristics can be mental shortcuts that ease the cognitive load of making a decision. Examples that employ heuristics include:
3. Heuristics are often the strategies derived from previous experiences with similar problems
4. The most fundamental heuristic is ________________, which can be used in everything from matching nuts and bolts to finding the values of variables in algebra problems.
5. The use of a heuristic can often result in trading optimality, completeness, accuracy, or precision for ________.
6. A heuristic function, also called simply a heuristic, is a function that_______________________ based on available information to decide which branch to follow
7. The objective of a heuristic is to produce a solution_______________________ that is good enough for solving the problem at hand.
8. Heuristics underlie the whole field of Artificial Intelligence and the computer simulation of thinking, as they may be used in situations where there are no known algorithms.
9. Fill in the blanks for the following excerpt.
10. Decide whether the following excerpt is true or false.