1. What is an email server? Mail servers act like a ___________________for all incoming and outgoing mail.
2. Invented by _______________________, email first entered limited use in the 1960s and by the mid-1970s had taken the form now recognized as email.
3. There are three main protocols (POP3, IMAP and ___________)
4. When you send and receive mail, it is _____________ that stores the mail and transports them.
5. SMTP is the protocol that is responsible for:
6. POP3 is the protocol that is responsible for:
7. IMAP is the protocol that is responsible for:
8. Hannah has a PC, laptop and a mobile phone at home for checking emails. If she checks her mail on her phone and it is using POP3 for all three devices, which of the following statements is true.
9. When you are retreiving email messages you are using POP3 or IMAP. IMAP however, will retrieve the message and delete it from the mail server.
10. When you send an email you are most likely using the POP3 or SMTP protocol together, as they are both for 'sending'.