1. The CPU has several components each of which performs a specific role. Together, they are responsible for:
2. Which of the following is true of the Arithmetic Logic Unit?
3. An example of a logic operation the ALU might carry out is:
4. The ALU is responsible for performing logic operations. Examples of such operations may include the use of AND, NOT, OR, XOR.
5. The Control Unit is integral to the CPU. One role is to tell the ALU what operation to perform on the given data, and the ALU stores the result in _________________________
7. The Control Unit performs the tasks of fetching, decoding and managing the execution of instructions and the storing of the results
8. The Control Unit is also responsible for monitoring the flow of data between the CPU and the other components such as input devices, memory, graphic cards etc.
9. In modern CPUs, CU makes for the majority of circuit complexity. In fact some people refer to the CU (control unit) as the brain of the processor! It is responsible for:
10. The clock inside a CPU is:
11. Which PC is likely to process instructions at a faster rate?
12. An electronic ______ that regulates the rate at which the CPU runs through the Fetch/Decode/Execute cycle, as well as synchronizing all the various computer components.
13. __________ are the means by which data is transmitted from one part of a computer to another, connecting all major internal components to the CPU and memory.
14. A standard CPU system will be comprised of three buses. Are these definitions of the different buses correct?
15. The memory unit consists of RAM, sometimes referred to as primary or MAIN MEMORY. The key thing to remember is that: (which statement is correct?)