1. The first commercial microprocessor, the Intel 4004, was introduced in 1971. True or False.
2. What did one of the first intel processors actually do?
3. Out of what material are computer chips made?
4. Much of the microprocessor-producing industry is located in the San Francisco Bay Area in Southern California and has earned the nickname of "Silicon Valley." True or False?
5. The width of the smallest wire on a computer chip is typically measured in:
6. Computer chip designers create language instructions that the microprocessor reads. What translates the words from the instructions into bit patterns the chip can understand?
7. Jack Kilby was named as the father of processors. Engineers from the company __________________________ is building a first integrated circuit in 1958, teridir on an oscillator in a small band of germanium. Some pioneers in microelectronics, he later rece
8. The CPU is often compared to the brain. The brain needs nutrients like oxygen and sugar for power; the computer needs ________ to keep working
9. In 2018 this company claims to have produced a super powerful processor (see video below)
10. DARPA, the US military’s R&D division, has been awarded a Guinness World Record for creating the world’s fastest solid-state chip, clocked at one terahertz — or __________ gigahertz