1. The use of C_______ and I______ are important in ensuring the maintainability of code. Can you fill in the blanks? (2 marks)
2. The program below outputs the correct size of football for a certain age using the information from the table. The program should also output the circumference and weight. What line is the syntax error? (1 mark)
3. Justify your answer for the above syntax error (1 mark)
4. Referring to the code, on what line is the logic error? Justify or explain your answer (2 marks)
5. What is the purpose of testing? (1 mark)
6. How could startup tech company use iterative testing to develop a newly designed app? (1 mark)
7. How could the company use final testing to develop the product? (1 mark)
8. The following definitions describe a particular type of data. Name the type of data (e.g. Valid, Invalid or Borderline) (1 mark)
To test that data that should not be accepted is not accepted.
9. Name the type of data (e.g. Valid, Invalid or Borderline) (1 mark)
This is to ensure that the system allows all data up to the maximum and minimum values that should be accepted.
10. Name the type of data (e.g. Valid, Invalid or Borderline) (1 mark)
To test that data that should be accepted is accepted.
11. If "N" was entered as test data, what would the reason for the test be and what would the expected outcome be? (2 marks)
A biology teacher has to write a program to convert exam marks out of
100 to a Grade.
A=80+, B=70-79, C=60-69, D=50-59, E=40-49, F=30-39, G=20-29, U=0-19
TESTING TABLE WITH TEST DATA (BELOW)
Test data: Mark 78
Reason for test: Test a valid input
between 0 and 100 to check the correct
Expected outcome: B
12. If "100" was entered as test data, what would the reason for the test be and what would the expected outcome be? (2 marks)
13. Contingency planning is crucial because it will allow developers to account for situations that were not planned. What are two situations that might occur and what contingency could be planned to account for them? (2 marks)
When designing computer systems it is important to plan for contingencies.
14. What are five ways in which software companies can design computer systems to prevent software misuse? (5 marks)
15. State the name and purpose of this technology (2 marks)