1. Electronic mail or email is a means of sending messages, text, and computer files __________________________.
2. At its core, an email is simply a text message from one user to another. It is also possible to send ____________ like images, documents and videos.
3. Examples of email providers (also called email clients) are:
4. Which of the following is NOT a valid email address?
5. Your email client can be web-based, meaning you check it through your ________(examples include Hotmail, Gmail, or Yahoo Mail) or it can be an application on your computer (like Outlook)
6. Webmail is accessed through a web browser and can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection.
7. Client-based email is often used by business users and involves the email being downloaded from a server to an application (such as Microsoft Outlook)
8. Email addresses have a domain name which is after the @ sign.
9. The last part of the address indicates where the address is registered such as .co.uk (for the___________) or .fr (France)
10. Email has been going for hundreds of years. The first email was sent by an old English King in the early 1300s.