1. Viruses and spyware can __________________________.
2. Opening email attachments such as .exe files should be done with great caution as they could be infected.
3. Malware, short for malicious software, is a kind of software that can be installed on a computer _______________ from the computer's owner.
4. There are different kinds of malware that can hurt computers, such as viruses and spyware.
5. When_________________ is not installed, malware can get into the computer.
6. There are a lot of ways malware can get onto someone's computer. One common way is through _______________.
7. Sometimes a victim gets malware just by _______________________________________. This is called drive-by downloading.
8. Viruses are a kind of malware that need a user-run program to work. They _______________ or move from one computer to another without a program to host them.
9. Worms are a lot like viruses. However, they're able to move through the internet and _____________________________________________.
10. Antivirus software updates frequently to add to a _____________________________________.
11. Trojan horses are like a much more dangerous version of a virus. They need a ___________________ to work and cannot copy themselves from one computer to another.
12. Adware is a type of malware that earns the program authors money with ____________. These programs show users ads and force them to use websites that make money for the malware writers.
13. Spyware is a more dangerous kind of adware that steals more information from a user. Spyware can steal someone's Internet traffic and account passwords.
14. Malware can also get onto a computer if it tricks a user into putting it there themselves. This can happen when a user plugs in a_____________ that has a virus on it already.
15. Antivirus software protects your computer from online attacks using a variety of methods. One key way is on-access scanning.