1. Computers can only interact with the world if they are connected to input and output devices.
2. These devices allow them to respond to the world around them and to act according to their own mind and will (e.g they have free will)
3. What is the sequence of instructions, written to control an object or thing, known as?
4. Which of the following is untrue of computer control?
5. Which of the following is NOT an exmaple of computer control?
6. In a water heater, ________ are used to react to a drop in temperature and tell an output device, like a heating element, to heat up the water.
7. You might have sensors in your home to control the lights. When light sensors detect that it is dark outside a computer can instruct the lights in your driveway to _______.
8. An ADC (analogue to digital convertor) converts analogue data from the sensors into ________.
9. What is used to convert signals between the sensors and processor?
10. A magnetic sensor is often used to detect a car approaching a traffic light.