1. A real robot can be a very simple machine built to perform a task. It does not need to look humanoid.
2. A robot is just a computer that can perform a series of complex tasks _________.
3. Robots use a central computer to process information, as well as __________________ to react and to carry out tasks.
4. A robot vacuum cleaner that moves around your home avoiding __________ and cleaning the floor.
5. A toy robot that responds to the _______ that you give it. Toy robots can be programmed to move around and avoid obstacles.
6. A _______ (an unmanned aircraft) can have cameras attached so it can be used to observe places that are difficult to get to. It will respond to commands given to it.
7. Some robots are programmed to be ________ which means that they can function independently. They will follow their program and do not need humans to keep telling them what to do.
8. Some robots are ___________ which means that while they can do a lot independently, they still need to be given instructions by humans from time to time.
9. _________ robots are programmed to respond to inputs. But the robot is not making decisions, it is just doing what it's told. Some will have controllers like a remote-controlled car or helicopter.
10. Physical systems include robotics, motors and ________. Many examples are shown, including street lights coming on at night, remote controls, traffic lights, security systems, and automatic doors