1. When there is a voltage across a wire inside a computer, this represents the binary digit 0.
2. Logic gates are electronic circuits that manipulate _______ or in effect manipulate the binary 1s and 0s that are inside your computer.
3. The ENIAC is widely thought to be the first ever electronic general purpose computer. These sort of computers had hundreds of ___________________________________
4. One of the problems with valves is that they were bulky, burned out easily and weren't terribly efficient. (as compared to transistors)
5. Transistors were much much larger than valves and were therefore much more efficient and powerful.
6. This is the symbol used to represent a _______ by electronic engineers
7. This is the symbol used to represent a ____________ by electronic engineers
8. If a transistor and a resistor are combined into a circuit which looks like this (see diagram), they produce a circuit that behaves like a ____________ gate.
9. The combination of transistors and resistors in various ways is how we get the different ____________ that each have their own symbol (e.g. 'OR', 'AND' etc) in Boolean Logic
10. A modern day CPU (like the one shown in the image) may have up to a maximum of 1000 transistors in it.