2. If you’d like to have a look at the DOM for a page, open up the _____________________ in your browser and look for the “elements” pane.
3. HTML is an XML-like structure in that the elements form a structure of parents’ nodes with children, like the branches of a tree. Fill in the blanks
7. document.getElementById is a method for getting hold of an element - by its ID. What part of the page can be manipulated in this example?
8. When a web page is loaded, the browser creates a Document Object Model of the page.
9. The HTML DOM is a standard for how to get, change, add, or delete HTML elements
10. The DOM is a W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standard. The DOM defines a standard for accessing documents
11. Fill in the blanks for the following
12. In this example, getElementById is a method, while ____________ is a property.
13. The BOM (Browser Object Model) consists of the objects navigator, history, screen, location and document which are 'children' of window
15. The DOM maps out an entire page as a document composed of a hierarchy of nodes like a tree structure and using the DOMAPI nodes can be removed, added, and replaced
16. Fill in the blanks for the following
18. Browsers feature a Browser Object Model (BOM) that allows access and manipulation of the browser window.
19. Using the BOM, developers can move the window, change text in the status bar, and perform other actions that do not directly relate to the page content
20. Because no standards exist for the BOM, each browser has its own implementation
21. When a browser requests a web page from a server, _____ belonging to the page is added to the request. This way the server gets the necessary data to "remember" information about users
22. The following is referring to the document's inner HTML
23. The following are all examples of:
24. Fill in the blanks for the following
25. The window.location object can be used to get the current page address (URL) and to redirect the browser to a new page.