1. A mouse is an ouput device.
2. A laser printer is an input device
3. A memory stick is an output device
4. The capacity of a typical Hard drive is about 256 Terabytes
5. A keyboard is an output device
6. Without storage we wouldn't be able to go back to the data/information we have! Storage has changed vastly through the ages. Define a storage device.
7. Developments in the field of storage are progressing every day. There is talk of 'embedded storage chips' becoming common place. Can you name one more type of storage that is not on the below list.
8. A storage device is sometimes defined as devices used to store data in binary format (used for processing later). Which of the following in the list is NOT a storage device?
9. Three types of storage we commonly look at are 1. Optical 2. Magnetic and 3. Solid State. What would you use for storing images in a digital camera and why?
10. Most computer systems require secondary storage (this is different from Main Memory and RAM) in order to store files (like the operating system) even when the system is 'off'. This is referred to as ____________.
11. An E-Book reader would be best off using a particular type of storage for the following reasons. What type of storage is this likely to be referring to?
12. Serial data access is faster than direct data access.
13. CD-ROMS can record data over and over again.
14. What type of storage device would a mobile phone have?
15. Which device would you use to store large amounts of data in your home computer?
16. Which type of optical media has the greatest storage capacity?
17. What is the name given to copies of data or program files?
18. Floppy discs can store huge amounts of data.
19. Which of the following types of storage is the most durable?
20. Why does a laptop need secondary storage?
21. Which of the following is an example of Write Once, Read Many (WORM) storage media type?
22. A type of storage device with no moving parts that uses memory chips instead of magnetic platters is commonly referred to as a Solid-State Drive (SSD).
23. What would be the most suitable device to transfer a file from home to school?
25. Which of the following has the highest data density?
26. Which of the following storage devices recording is done by burning tiny pits on a circular disk?
27. Cloud storage is evolving to fight hackers! A decentralized cloud provides more security to any individual or company’s data, as it is not controlled by a single entity. How does this help stop the manipulation/deletion of data?
28. What is cloud computing?
29. What are the advantages of cloud computing?
30. What are the disadvantages of cloud computing?
31. Is the following statement true or false…
32. What are the advantages of private cloud storage?
33. Peripheral Devices are hardware devices but are ______________________________.They are typically connected by cables (USB, network, firewire etc.) or wirelessly (Bluetooth, wireless network links etc.).
34. The Operating System (OS) of a computer is a set of hardware devices that control the way the user controls the computer and access application software. The OS also controls the way application software accesses computer hardware such as input and output
35. Operating systems are system's _______________ and examples include: Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7, Mac OS X, LINUX and UNIX are all examples of operating systems used on computers.