1. SSDs use electrical circuits to persistently store data and the technology involves the use of NAND gates.
2. Which of the following is the smallest unit of data that can be stored?
3. The word "bit" comes from "Binary Digit".
4. A hard disk is an optical storage device.
6. If you want to be able to save your files over and over again to the same CD, which of the following types of CD would you need to use?
7. A DVD is a flash storage device.
10. What is the order of capacity (smallest to largest) of the following storage media?
DVD, Floppy Disk, Blu-ray, Fixed Hard Disk
Floppy Disk, Blu-ray, DVD, Fixed Hard Disk
Fixed Hard Disk, Blu-ray, DVD, Floppy Disk
Floppy Disk, DVD, Blu-ray, Fixed Hard Disk
11. Which of these is a compact disk containing permanently stored data that cannot be altered?
12. Which of these terms refers to computer data storage systems, data storage devices, and data storage media that can be written to once, but read from multiple times?
13. Which of the following is an example of Write Once, Read Many (WORM) storage media type?
14. A type of storage device with no moving parts that uses memory chips instead of magnetic platters is commonly referred to as a Solid-State Drive (SSD).
15. What would be the most suitable device to transfer a file from home to school?
17. Which of the following has the highest data density?
18. Which of the following storage devices recording is done by burning tiny pits on a circular disk?
19. In which of the following magnetic storage devices is the data stored on a cylindrical drum and subdivided into tracks?
20. Which of these is a solid state storage device?
21. Which of the following is NOT an example of a storage device?
22. Secondary storage memory is basically
23. The type of memory that loses its data when switched OFF is called volatile storage.
24. Where does your PC store your programs when the power is off?
25. Any storage device added to a computer beyond the immediately usable main storage is known as