1. Which of the following is a way in which companies can design computer systems to prevent software misuse?
2. CAPTCHAs are sometimes used when you are signing into a website (e..g having to type in a series of letters and numbers). What is the purpose?
3. Making a copy of licensed software to give to a friend is acceptable use of software (not misuse)
4. Unauthorised use of someone elses login details would count as software misuse
5. Changing default settings on some software to suit your own personal needs is software misuse.
6. Describe what would happen when the code is translated if all the syntax errors were corrected by the logic errors were left unchanged.
7. A type of error caused by the code not following the ______________________________ of the programming language is a syntax error
8. True or False: a Test plan should ideally take the user down all possible paths of the program to test it.
9. A good test plan will only use normal data to test user input (e..g correct and acceptable data input only)
10. When testing a program, how does the 'tester' know there is a problem?
11. Identify the error in the following code:
12. What type of error is this?
13. Multiplying when you should be dividing is an example of a …
14. Displaying the wrong message is an example of a …
15. Trying to open a file that does not exist would cause a…
16. Missing semi colons would be examples of a …
17. Improperly matching brackets and /or curly braces would usually cause a ….
18. Most ______________ errors are quite subtle and are much harder to find and fix.
19. Use of a reserved word such as 'print' as a variable would cause an error.
20. A programmer is trying to work out the no. of months in a year and writes this. What is the error?
21. It is usually the CPU and Assembly language that directly uncovers syntax errors
22. A logic error is a bug in a program that
23. Data that falls outside of what is acceptable and should be rejected is called….
24. A system has validation to ensure that only numerical values between 1 and 10 are entered as input. The borderline test data for this could be:
25. Data at the upper or lower limits of expectations that should be accepted is referred to as:
26. An IDE's code editor will usually help with pointing out syntax errors - e.g. pointing out the line in which there is the error
27. A code editor will always point out and fix a logic error, as these are obvious and crash the program on running it.
28. The following code has no errors. Which of the following statements is correct?
29. In the following python code, if the user enters 2 and 2, instead of 4, it will produce 22. This is a ….
30. The simplest form of authentication could be:
31. Authentication methods include :
32. Authentication also occurs when you access a website, you request access to the ___________ which hosts the page.
33. What is one example of where authentication is required?
34. Maintainability is also important if a program is going to be robust. Two ways of ensuring maintainable programs is to have good:
35. Entry of a national insurance number may require validation of the following kind:
36. A white list is a list of data that the application will reject and a black list is a list of data that the application will accept as valid
37. White lists and Blacklists are usually used within:
38. Having evaluated the visual design of the software, the team must also focus on code structure. Ensuring m___________ and readability is important.
39. There are generally three times of maintainance:
40. This type of maintenance is necessary when the client needs the software to run on an environment other than the one that it was originally designed for
41. This type of maintenance is concerned with altering the software to add new features or enhancements not originally requested in the software specification
42. This is a formal document which details the tests to be performed on the software. It will describe the following:
43. This relates to the first round of testing. Before releasing new software on to the market, developers will test it in-house.
44. This refers to the second round of testing. The developers will trial the software with a limited number of users. The users report any problems to the developers.
45. Testing a program is essential because:
46. Data Validation checks the data is reasonable and Sanitsation removes _____________ data.
47. A program has a section of code that could cause errors, which
method could be used to identify this issue?
48. A user attempts to enter in an incorrect password- indentation is a method that would identify this issue.
49. Defensive programming design is a method of ensuring that your code is not misused
50. Comments should be included in a program to include what tests must be carried out on the code