1. Baud rate is the rate at which __________________________in the communication medium.
2. The unit of measurement used for baud rate is called a baud!
3. 3 kBd would mean ____________________________________.
4. Baud rate is essentially the exact same thing as Bit rate, but the terms are used interchangeably.
5. One signal change is always exactly the same thing as sending one single bit (which is what makes Baud rate and bit rate the same, in essence)
6. It is possible for one signal change to be cleverly manipulated to represent more than one bit.
7. If we take a voltage of a wire to determine the bit pattern we could use different voltages to signify more than one bit.
8. Have a look at the table below. What statement is most accurate.
9. Bit rate is the number of bits that can be ___________________________________________
10. The units of measurement used for bit rate are:
11. 5600 bps (bits per second) means that:
12. The formula for bit rate is:
13. Bandwidth is also measured in bits per second and is considered the useful bit rate.
14. Bit rate can be _______ than baud rate if more than one bit is encoded in each signal change
15. In a particular communications system, eight different voltage levels are used to encode the value of groups of bits. Each voltage level encodes the value of one group of bits
16. Which of the following defines baud rate?
17. Number of bits per second / bits per unit of time =
18. The bit rate can also be accurately described as the rate at which signals are sent.
19. What do the statements in the following excerpt suggest?
20. It is not possible for a signal to contain one or more bits