1. An _________________ is a plan, a set of step-by-step instructions to resolve a problem. In an _____________, each instruction is identified and the order in which they should be carried out is planned.
2. There are two main ways that algorithms can be represented. As P___________
3. Each step of the algorithm is written on a line of its own in sequence. In the
pseudocode example below instructions are written in ______________,
_____________ in lowercase and
messages in sentence case.
4. Before computers can solve a problem, the problem and the ways in which it can be resolved must be understood. DECOMPOSITION helps by ...
5. Why is decomposition important?
6. ______ recognition is one of the cornerstones of Computer Science. It involves finding the similarities or _______ among small, decomposed problems that can help us solve more complex problems more efficiently.
7. What is the following a definition of?: "It involves filtering out, or essentially, ignoring, the characteristics that we don't need in order to concentrate on those that we do. i.e ignoring the irrelevant details of any given problem"
8. How is abstraction used in the creation of a chess computer game? Assume that
the board is created as an arrays and players are objects that have positions on the board.
9. How would abstraction be used to represent a map on a computer? Which one of the two options below best demonstrates abstraction in this case?
10. The following diagram shows breaking up the problem of creating a battleship game into smaller modules. This is an example of: