1. An adder is a digital logic circuit in electronics that implements addition of numbers
2. With the help of half adder, we can design circuits that are capable of performing _____________ with the help of logic gates.
3. From analysis of the below, it is clear that this 1-bit adder can be easily implemented with the help of XOR/EXOR Gate for the output ‘SUM’ and an ____ Gate for the carry.
4. In the half adder circuit below, what are the values for SUM and CARRY?
5. Half adders allow for complex addition, i.e cases when you have to add two 8-bit bytes together.
6. A half adder circuit can add _______________and produce a digit bit (Q) and a carry bit.
7. A half adder specialises in dealing effectively with an incoming carry bit.
8. One of the differences between a half adder and a full adder is that the full adder has three inputs and two outputs
9. The half adder is a combination circuit of____________________ circuits. Its purpose, as the name suggests, is to add numbers
10. It is possible, as shown in the diagram below, to construct a half adder using only NAND gates.
11. The half adder has two outputs, sum (S) and carry (C). The carry signal represents an _______into the next digit of a multi-digit addition
12. In a half adder, the value of the sum is 2C + C + S.
13. With the addition of an _____to combine their carry outputs, two half adders can be combined to make a full adder
14. Can you spot the error in the following truth table for a half adder circuit?
15. What is the following diagram showing?