1. A CPU with a capacity of 8 bits has a capacity of up to 11111111 in binary. If one more bit was added there would be an ___________
2. An example of an 8-bit __________ occurs in the binary sum 11111111 + 1 (denary: 255 + 1).
3. If the total (sum) is a number bigger than 8 digits, the CPU drops the _________ digit as it cannot be stored anywhere.
4. Fill in the blanks for the following excerpt relating to a type of error.
5. Most CPUs use a much bigger word size than 8 bits. Many PCs have a 64-bit CPU. A 64-bit CPU can handle numbers larger than _______________
6. 16-bit integers can hold numbers in the range -32768...32767 . So what happens when you add 20000 to 20000?
7. Assume the smallest negative number we can hold is -8. We would get an __________error if we tried to store -15.
8. Read the following excerpt and fill in the blanks (what type of error is it?)
9. A calculation resulting in a number so small that the negative number used for the exponent is beyond the number of bits used for exponents is called __________________
10. This is an example of ______________. ( 7 bits for 32-bit integers, or exponents smaller than -64).