1. Databases are extremely important applications and most institutions are likely to be using them in one form or the other. A database is __________
2. Databases are made up of ________________. ___________ are made up of fields.
3. Fields contain _______
4. A _______________ is simply a table that displays the names of the fields within a record, the type of data and max size of that data.
5. The following is likely to be a record format for a _________________
6. There are four key modes of file access. Which of the following are NOT valid modes of access?
7. This is a single piece of data such as name, date of birth or telephone number
8. This is a collection of records, for example a school database
9. This is one complete set of fields, for example one pupil's school record.
10. Databases store groups of similar information, like customer information. Databases are divided into ______ which group information so you can search and select more quickly.