1. Port forwarding basically allows your computer to become accessible over the internet even though you are behind a ______________
2. NAT sorts out the majority of problems when it comes to granting each computer its own unique IP address on a network.
3. Two important items in local port forwarding are the ________________, and two port numbers.
4. Ports allow computers to exchange data directly between each other without the need for a complex translation step that would increase the latency of the connection.
5. Port forwarding is similar to Network Address Translation but _______________________________
6. In online games, a user has the ability to create an online server for other people to connect to. It is safer to enable _________.
7. In the case of online games and setting up your own gaming server - users would not be able to connect to the network and access your files/server unless you explicitly configured your router to accept incoming requests.
8. Most online gaming Applications will require you to configure port forwarding on your ____________.
9. Before you setup port forwarding you will need to configure a static address for the Internal device.
10. To connect to the forwarded port from the Internet you will need to know the _________________________ and the Port number that has been forwarded.
11. For port forwarding, using an IP address instead of a domain name is ________________.
12. When using port forwarding, it is a good idea to consider using ____________________
13. How do you know what port you need to forward?
14. Port forwarding can be divided into the following specific types: local, remote, and dynamic port forwarding.
15. By using local port forwarding, ___________ that block certain pages can be bypassed.