1. NAT stands for 'Network After Transportation'
2. The reason for having the NAT service is to preserve the limited number of public IP4 addresses we have around the world.
3. In order to prevent a shortage of public IP4 addresses, network engineers developed the concept of private IP addresses and network address translation.
4. There are two types of IP4 addresses - public and private. You need a ___________ IP address to go on the internet!
5. _____________ IP addresses are only used internally such as inside a home or business - not on the public internet.
6. It is your ___________ that assigns your devices a private IP.
7. Most homes have multiple devices that need access to the internet. These devices need a public IP address to connect to the internet.
8. A solution to not using several public IP addresses for each device in the home, is to have our router assign each device ____________________ which is translated by NAT in the router when accessing the internet
9. NAT translates only public addresses to private addresses and not the other way around.
10. It is likely that in the future we won't need NAT or private IP addresses. This is because of ______________