1. Web servers can carry out various functions with the most common being:
3. User 'Jonathan' puts in the URL: "www.testandtrack.io" into the ______________ and the __________extracts the _______________ which is sent to the DNS.
4. It is the _____________ that maps the FQDN to an IP address and return it to a browser.
5. Once the DNS has responded to the client, the browser can issue a ____________for the web resource. This is sent to the web server.
6. Browser 'renders' (creates and draws) the webpage according to the rules. If the webpage has images, the browser has to issue additional GET requests.
7. Examples of browsers include: firefox, safari, chrome.
8. Web server" can refer to hardware or software, or both of them working together.
10. For the software side of 'webserver', read the following excerpt and fill in the blanks: