2. A socket can be thought of as a combination of IP addresses and port numbers that will get applications to talk to other comptuers on the internet.
3. The information in the application layer is the actual information that needs to be transmitted and it undergoes several stages beforre transmission.
4. The complexities of each of the layers is removed by the introduction of binary seqeuences (injected into each layer)
5. Sockets remove the need for a programmer to have any involvement in the layers below the application layer and hence make _________________________________
6. It is often possible to allow sockets to be referenced in a similar way to ___________ so that they can be used to transmit data to the intended recipient.
7. For instance, a socket will appear as 'www.google.com:8080' which ________________________________________which may be waiting to receive information from some application.
8. A _______________________________ uses a socket.
9. If you were on your home computer opening 'google'. The connection to google would be: (Your PC: IP1+port 60200 ----Google IP2 +port80(standard port). Fill in the blanks
10. Read the following excerpt carefully and decide whether it is entirely true or false.