1. ……………….are a common and easy method of protecting your network and subsequently your system from the risks of using the internet.
2. Traditionally, users of a network would rely on the security of the individual hosts to protect them but as the number of hosts increases…..
3. Personal firewalls were developed to combat lapses in security and use services to provide the protection
4. …………..operates at the packet leveland studies each packet as it arrives and passes through the router interfaces.
5. ………….are put in place by the network administrator or someone who is overseeing the protection of the network.
6. The advantages of a packet filtering firewall include:
7. A disadvantage of a packet filtering firewall is that it may not be able to filter source ports and filtering rules are very complex to specify.
8. The following is a disadvantage of Stateful inspection firewall: cannot be tested for the correctness of the rules and is much less secure than basic packet filtering.
9. In a stateful inspection firewall the firewalls have no built-in concept of 'state' or 'context' which means the firewall….
10. The stateful inspection firewall examines every packet….
11. Stateful insepection firewall involves packet examination that is not resource-intensive at all as hardly any packets come through.
12. In a stateful inspection firewall, the _____________________are stored in a state table
13. The states that are stored in a table in the stateful inspection firewall are ….
14. The following is an advantage of what type of firewall/server?
15. The following is an advantage of what type of firewall/server?
16. The following is an advantage of what type of firewall/server?
17. The basic packet filtering firewall is very resource demanding.
18. A ……………… is often used along with a firewall to increase the security of the system and to reduce bandwidth use.
19. Computers inside a network might use a proxy server to access ….
20. The advantages of a proxy server include: