2. Five laptops are connected to a WLAN. If they all send a signal to the WAP at the same time, this won't cause any problem.
3. Collisions are a concern for any network, because only ___ _____ can send a signal simultaneously without the risk of collision.
5. Using CSMA, a node will listen for signals before it sends a packet. If it detects the channel is ____ it will transmit the packet.
7. CSMA/CA means if the channel is busy, the node will usually wait a 'random' period of time until it tries to send the packet again. Why does it help if this time period is random?
8. If nodes are out of range of each other, they may not be able to detect if the channel is busy. This is known as the …
9. This issue can be mitigated by Request to Send/Clear to Send (RTS/CTS) . RTS/CTS is like a _______ between the node and the wireless access point.
10. As RTS/CTS slows down data transfer, routers and nodes usually have an adjustable threshold based on the _____ ____ of a packet, below which they will not use RTS/CTS.