1. To connect to a Wi-Fi _____ a device must have a wireless network adaptor.
2. A wireless network adaptor is a _____ component that enables a device to communicate wirelessly over a network.
3. A wireless network adaptor can be either external (e.g. via a USB port) or internal to the device.
4. The wireless network adaptor receives and sends data through ...
5. The wireless network adaptor can communicate with other devices or a WAP. What does WAP stand for?
7. A WLAN is also popularly referred to as a …
8. There is usually a wired connection or network between the WAP and a router or the WAP and router are combined in one unit.
9. An 'infrastructure mode' WLAN uses a WAP. An '__ ___ mode' WLAN does not use a WAP and devices communicate with each other directly.
10. One limitation of a WLAN is that signals sent and received by the WAP are not transmitted at the same time, reducing the effective bandwidth.