1. Up until the 1990s most computers in both the home and the work place were ______________ computers
2. A standalone computer is one that is …
3. A computer network can be simply defined as: connecting two or more computers together.
4. In 1969 one of the first ever networks was created - it became known as the:
5. Universities decided to create a network in order to communicate and share resources - This network was basically the:
6. Networks are primarily used today for two main reasons. Select the reasons from the list:
7. There are different TYPES of networks. Which from the list are valid types?
8. A LAN is a network that covers a large geographical area (such as the whole world)
9. LANs are usually found in:
10. A WAN is a wide area network and the best example of a famous WAN is the:
12. Unlike a LAN or a WAN a PAN…..
13. An example of a protocol (rule) used in PANs is ….
14. Which of the following in the list are advantages of having a network?
15. No. 8 in the list provided (in Question 14) is a disadvantage of having a network.
16. Analyse the below and decide which one is referring to either a LAN, WAN or PAN.
17. Which type of network is being described in the text below?
18. Most WANs (like the Internet) are not owned by any one organization but rather exist under collective or distributed ownership and management.
19. WANs tend to use technology like ATM, Frame Relay and X.25 for connectivity over the longer distances.
20. A Wireless local area network is….