1. Data Capture is simply a title for gathering data
2. Data capture can be either manual or ___________
3. Manual data capture: This is done via data capture forms, these can be _____ (like a questionnaire) or online
4. Examples of automatic data capture methods include:
5. NFC (Near field communication) -short range radio links are used by some smartphones to link to another device such as a payment system. (an example of quick data capture)
6. Also called QR codes - they provide more information about the product/device and can link to websites
7. These are used in shops and warehouses to automatically get information about the product's price or quantity in stock
8. These are used to measure all sorts of things such as temperature, light level. Movement, pressure, etc
9. These are small electronic chips attached to packages. They use radio waves to tell a receiver where they are and what is in the package
10. Keyboards and touch sensitive screens could be used for manual data collection
11. You will find ______terminals at the till in certain shops. An _______ terminal electronically prints out details of a plastic card transaction
12. This uses paper based forms which users simply mark (using a dash) to answer a question. OMR needs no special equipment to mark a form other than a pen/pencil.
13. This involves recognition of printed or written characters by software that processes information obtained by a scanner.
14. This involves the recognition by a mchine of specially-formatted characters printed in magnetic ink. This is an expensive method to set up and use - but it is accurate and fast.
15. A data collection technology that converts speech into text or interprets it as a sequence of computer commands. ___________ is most common in data entry and word processing environments