1. SQL was initially developed at IBM by Donald D. Chamberlin and Raymond F. Boyce after learning about the relational model from Ted Codd
2. The INSERT INTO statement is used to __________________ in a table
3. Which of the following 'answers' is the correct way to insert a new record into the 'Customers' table
The following SQL statement inserts a new record in the "Customers" table:
VALUES Customers (CustomerName, City, Job)
INSERT INTO ('Jonathan Marvin', 'London', 'Lawyer');
INSERT INTO Customers (CustomerName, City, Job)
VALUES ('Jonathan Marvin', 'London', 'Lawyer');
SELECT Customers (CustomerName, City, Job)
SELECT ('Jonathan Marvin', 'London', 'Lawyer');
INSERT * into Customers
None of these answers are valid
4. A field with a _____ value is a field with no value.
5. A NULL value is different from a zero value or a field that contains spaces. A field with a NULL value is one that has been left blank during record creation.
6. The _________ operator is used to test for empty values
7. The IS NOT NULL operator is also used to test for empty values (NOT NULL values). The following SQL lists all customers with NO value in the "Address" field
8. The UPDATE statement is used to modify the existing records in a table. Fill in the three blanks to update the first customer with a new contact person and city
9. While updating records. If you omit the WHERE clause, ALL records will be updated. (it is a reminder to be careful!)
10. Which of the following 'answers' is the correct way to delete a customer from the 'Customers' table.
11. It is possible to delete all rows in a table without deleting the table. This means that the table structure, attributes, and indexes will be intact. Which answer is correct?
12. The following SQL statement selects the first three records from the "Customers" table. Select TOP is useful when you want specific returns in a large database.
13. What does the MIN() function do?
14. The_______ function returns the number of rows that matches a specified criteria.
15. The ______ function returns the average value of a numeric column.
16. What will the following SQL statement do?
17. The LIKE operator is used in a WHERE clause to search for a specified pattern in a column. There are two wildcards used in conjunction with the LIKE operator:
18. Match the following example to its description
19. Match the following example to its description
20. Match the following example to its description
21. Match the following example to its description
22. Match the following example to its description
23. Fill in the blanks. The following SQL statement selects all customers with a CustomerName that does NOT start with "a"
24. A wildcard character is used to substitute any other character(s) in a string. The following SQL statement _________________________
25. A ____ clause is used to combine rows from two or more tables, based on a related column between them.