1. What does BIOS stand for?
2. The BIOS is part of the operating system.
3. The BIOS is usually stored in …
4. When the computer is switched on, the power supply sends a _______ ______ signal to the CPU.
5. The CPU executes an instruction in the BIOS chip to start the BIOS boot program. This is known as a ____ command.
6. The BIOS then checks the hardware is working properly. This is known as POST, which stands for …
7. How does the BIOS indicate if there are any errors at this stage?
8. The BIOS then looks for _____ _______ and runs any BIOS programs in these.
9. Finally the BIOS looks for a drive to ____ the operating system (OS).
10. Which program takes over from the BIOS and places the OS into memory?