1. A single core computer can appear to multi-task by running small parts of multiple programs one after the other.
2. The scheduler is the module of the operating system (OS) that allocates _____ ____ to programs.
3. The scheduler has to try to maximise efficient use of the CPU and make sure no tasks are left incomplete for too long.
4. What scheduling algorithm is described below?
5. A first come first served algorithm allows each process in a queue to …
6. What scheduling algorithm is described below?
7. The shortest remaining time alogrithm orders processes by the estimated length of time required to …
8. What scheduling algorithm is described below?
9. Which of these algorithms would prioritise starting a long but less important process over a short but more important process for the user?
10. Which of these algorithms could significantly delay the completion of low priority processes?