1. System software is different from application software in that system's software is …..
2. Four types of systems software include: Off-the Shelf software, Proprietary sofware, Open Source and Library Programs
3. Systems software includes: Utility programs and Translators. There are not other types of systems software.
4. Which of the following is NOT a type of Applications Software:
5. Applications software can be categorised as:
6. Which of the following is NOT 'General Purpose' Software?
7. General purpose software can include a graphics package as it can be used to make ads, animations or edit photographs (general use)
8. Special purpose software can be off-the-shelf and bespoke. Off-the-shelf is….
9. Bespoke software is also special purpose software but it is …
10. Which of the following are features of bespoke software?
11. Application software is ready to be installed immediately, well documented, tested, and is usually less expensive than bespoke software.
12. Quetsions you would ask when selecting an application software to use include:
13. System software is the first layer of software to be loaded into memory every time a computer is powered up
14. Translators are systems software that translate low level languages into high level languages.
15. The boot program loads the operating system into the computer's main memory or random access memory (RAM).