2. Only simple instructions are built into a CISC processor.
3. What was a key intention of CISC?
4. With a single instruction, a CISC processor can execute several operations.
5. A key feature of CISC is that '___ ' and ' ____ ' are incorporated in arithmetical instructions.
7. RISC aims to cut down the number of clock cycles per instruction.
8. An advantage of RISC is that instructions can be …
9. RISC processors often use general purpose rather than assigned registers. What is a benefit of this approach?
10. RISC processors have become dominant in mobile devices such as smartphones.
11. The following is a characteristic of CISC architecture: Instruction-decoding logic will be Complex.
12. One instruction is required to support multiple addressing modes in ….
13. Generally speaking, less chip space is enough for general purpose registers for the instructions that are operated directly on memory in
14. __________is used in portable devices due to its power efficiency
15. Pipelining is one of the _______________. It is performed by overlapping the execution of several instructions in a pipeline fashion
16. The main difference between RISC and CISC is the …
17. Generally speaking, is the following excerpt true or false?
18. ______________- allows freedom of using the space on microprocessors because of its simplicity
19. The ease of microcoding new instructions allowed designers to make _____________ upwardly compatible
20. The following is most likely to be a disadvantage of ….