1. How was the early electronic computer Colossus programmed?
2. What was one basic problem of pre-Von Neumann computer architecture?
3. Von Neumann proposed that both data and instructions could be stored in the same memory.
4. What directs the operation of the processor in response to instructions?
5. What does the arithmetic logic unit do?
7. Which of the following are examples of registers?
8. What is a Von Neumann bottleneck?
9. Which of these are steps that can be taken to mitigate the bottleneck?
12. Traditional Harvard architecture stores data and instructions in two different memories.
13. Why do digital signal processing (DSP) systems tend to use Harvard architecture?
14. Modified Harvard architecture allows the instruction memory to be accessed as if it were data.
15. What is an artifical neural network?